Founded in 2006, The Friends of the Ohio Governor's Residence and Heritage Garden is a non-partisan, privately-funded non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation and enhancement of this significant Ohio landmark and its gardens.
Sometimes referred to as "The People's House" the Ohio Governor’s Residence and Heritage Garden is a unique and historic home that represents Ohio to a diverse range of visitors. It stands as a symbol of Ohio’s historic significance in our nation’s narrative, as well as a living showcase of our state’s artistry, culture, industry and landscape. It also serves as a hub for official state business and ceremonial events.
We hope that you will join us in preserving the legacy of the Ohio Governor’s Residence and Heritage Garden and
celebrating our state’s indelible history and unique landscape.
Please support The Friends and donate
today. Thank you.
Why Do We Need Your Help?
The Governor’s Residence is a state owned and operated facility,
however state tax dollars cover only basic maintenance and
building repairs.What Do Contributions Fund?
All donations are tax deductible and used in a myriad of ways to
accomplish the mission of The Friends, including training and
coordination of volunteer docents and gardeners, repair and
restoration of valuable antiques, purchases of period furniture, and
The Friends’ Accomplishments Include:
• Commission of a Jacobean-inspired and hand forged
Ohio artisan chandelier
• Installation of a museum-quality art hanging system
throughout the first floor to preserve the original
wood paneling and stonework
• Acquisition of living and dining room furnishings
as well as Ohio glass and pottery
• Secured donation of state china and permanent loan of
• Major restoration of Alfred Tibor bronze sculpture
• Installation of brick paver driveway
• An in-ground cistern system to collect and store rainwater
• Ongoing maintenance and enhancement of native gardens
that represent the five distinct geographic regions of Ohio.